millikanapple

millika's blog

millika's fashion blog

These Are 2014′s Most-Gifted Fashion And Beauty Items According To Amazon

In the wake of any holiday shopping whirlwind, it’s time to come down from the consumer-high and assess the damage. For you that may entail reacquainting yourself with your account balance, moving from anger all the way through to acceptance until you’re ready to attack those post-Christmas sales. For Kate Middleton, it means fretting about how she could have let her outfit be upstaged by the queen’s, on Christmas of all days! For Amazon, I assume it means that the packaging centers throw a raging party among the inventory as they tally up sales and release the results unto us. Here are some of the insane statistics they came up with:

Assuming the average customer moisturizes twice per day, Amazon sold enough O’Keeffe’s Hand and Foot Cream to provide a lifetime supply to the entire Seattle Seahawks football team roster. Horrible visual. Also, if every shoe from each pair of pumps purchased on Amazon this holiday season were stacked on top of each other they would equal 52 times the Empire State Building. And finally, the number of pairs of cowboy boots Amazon Fashion customers purchased this holiday season is enough to provide a new pair of boots to the population of Cheyenne, Wyoming, home of one of the largest rodeos. I guess cowboy boots are a rather nice gift.

Check out the top-sellers in every category: Are these 2014′s must-have products? Did they make an appearance on your gift list? Or perhaps…your post-holiday shopping list?

Photo: kissydressinau formal dresses adelaide

Beauty

May I present to you, the top three beauty products of the 2014 holiday season: L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, and the LORAC PRO Palette. Everyone knows L’Occitane is God’s gift to winter grandma hand syndrome, and I personally use this stila liner every day of my life. It certainly made an appearance on our Best Liquid Eyeliners list. I don’t have this PRO palette but I am absolutely loving the colors—any Lorac Pro palette devotees out there who can weigh in?

Fashion

The top three in women’s apparel are as follows: the Columbia Women’s Benton Springs Full-Zip Fleece Jacket, the Playtex Women’s 18-Hour Original Comfort-Strap Bra, and the Hue Women’s Ultra Leggings with Wide Waistband. All pretty standard choices, though the only one I can personally attest to is that HUE makes great leggings (for lounging ONLY). Also, do people actually give bras as gifts? Seems like somewhat of a personal purchase, no?

Jewelry

I don’t want to poo poo on anyone’s Christmas gift, but I have to say that I find the top-three jewelry selections are fairly disappointing: the “I Love You To The Moon and Back” Two Piece Pendant Necklace, the Two-Toned “Mom I Love You To The Moon and Back” Pendant Necklace, and this Alex and Ani Bangle Bar “Path of Life” Rafaelian Bracelet. Sigh. While I am genuinely happy for the people who invented Alex and Ani, I wish these bracelets would fade into the background like power beads already. Dare to be different kids!

Shoes

Amazon’s top three shoe purchases are: the Minnetonka Women’s Cally Faux Fur Slipper, Dr. Martens Women’s 1460 Originals Eight-Eye Lace-Up Boot, and the ASICS Women’s GEL-Kayano 20 Running Shoe. These all make perfect sense as holiday gifts, and in fact my sister received a pair of Doc Martens yesterday. Who knows if they’re good running sneakers but they do have some cool colors, and that’s what the informed consumer focuses on anyway.

Also read: kissydressinau semi formal dresses